VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say that using the powerball mini was the best detailing tool for the headlight polishing. Thanks for the tip! I've polished headlights with the pep boys kit before and using the powerball mini was 100x faster and better than doing it by hand. If you haven't tried it, it's not a gimmick!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Thanks, I always like to see people get good results. Also try the powerball mini on your taillights and side markers and other plastics with some mother's plastic polish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
cadman1940

I just wanted to say that using the powerball mini was the best detailing tool for the headlight polishing. Thanks for the tip! I've polished headlights with the pep boys kit before and using the powerball mini was 100x faster and better than doing it by hand. If you haven't tried it, it's not a gimmick!
Hello I have used a product named Novus2 it is an plastic polish we use in aviation to polish windows and windshields. The novus2 contains very fine grit to sand the surface with wax to fill scratches. I use it to polish my cars as the finishes are acrilic which is plastic. it can be used even in the hot sun or shade. They also have a anti static cream that I recomend if you have a convertable and the back glass is plastic you will reduce the static electricity attracting dust. Thanks Eric AKA cadman1940

·
Registered
37 Posts
Novus2 :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Mothers makes good stuff and can be found at any store too. It's normally cheaper to buy online though.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Autozone sells them for about $20. Ebay. I've also seen them at walmart. I haven't seen the powerball for paint anywhere though and it's a good tool for paint since it's softer than the powerball mini which is better for metals and plastics.

I like to check ebay to see what the market price is since this isn't something that is likely to be broken in the mail. I like mother's plastic polish but others here have tried novus2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts