VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
swithced head gasket out since i have been over pressurizing coolant system and loosing coolant out of reservoir everything went really good except now i m re assembling the timing belt part again cause it wouldn't start and i am lost as what im supposed to do ? i don't have timing belt tools and my timing is probly so far out to lunch now its not even funny honestly im sitting here wondering wtf im doing lol

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
A few things could be wrong, first, timing as you said. To fix this, reset the timing back to TDC and use tools.

Second, take a look in the FAQ at the head replacement article, did you use the same thickness head gasket? There are 4 sizes and too thick could lower compression.

·
Registered
1 Posts
swithced head gasket out since i have been over pressurizing coolant system and loosing coolant out of reservoir everything went really good except now i m re assembling the timing belt part again cause it wouldn't start and i am lost as what im supposed to do ? i don't have timing belt tools and my timing is probly so far out to lunch now its not even funny honestly im sitting here wondering wtf im doing lol
Blowing coolant out the reservoir is a classic head gasket leak symptom. You have exhaust pressure seeping into coolant channels and blowing out coolant. No timing belt adjustment will fix this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts