VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2010 Golf has speed-sensing locks that automatically lock once the car reaches a set (low) speed. This is VERY annoying. I'd speculate on why this is deemed necessary, but that would turn into a rant. Has anyone found a way to disable this feature that allows the doors to be lock manually?

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
You should have an option in the customization menu. Doesn't the Golf have it? When you're stopped, can you access the convenience menu? There should be an option to disable auto locks, unlock when you remove the key, or unlock all/single doors with the first press of the fob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, but I think there may be an equipment difference between the U.S. and Canada. In Canada, the Comfortline trim level (which I have) doesn't have the touchscreen and the functions that go with that. The solution may be in there, but I wonder if there is a way to do it without the full on-board touchscreen thing.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It's not the touchscreen radio. Do you have the full screen MFD+ and convenience menu? I will take some pics of the exact menu later to show you the menu. Here is a pic of it on the mk5.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I had some free time today so I took some pics and made this:
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/mfddisplay.htm

It should explain all of your questions on how to use the multifunction display menu settings. Some are self explanitory but some, like ATA setting or convenience mode can be confusing. While it's specific to VWs, the Audi menu is similar so I'll link it to the Audi stuff too.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Some of it's through VCDS, some of it's through the menu. If you have half screen MFD you need VCDS to make any of these adjustments. Pretty much any checkbox in VCDS under central electric module does something. Most of the common ones have writeups on this site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts