VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have the following engine

77 kilowatts (105 PS; 103 bhp) @ 4,000 rpm; 250 newton metres (184 ft·lbf) @ 1,900 rpm — BJB

Its from a 04 Caddy (VAN) in Ireland. Don't think you have these in the US. But my problem is as per the title.

I've read alot on here about the bad fuel map which required the starter to crank faster above 70degreess for the fuel to inject. I'm not sure if this is the problem as from what I can see its the 99.5 Jettas which have this issue and this is a PD engine.

I suspected the timing attached is a picture of the results along with the injected fuel quaility. Not really sure what is means but I'm guessing the cam lobe on #4 is worn?? Would this also cause a hard start or just adding to the problem. Its also doesnt return the best MPG.

I tried to remove the coolant temp sensor G62 but not having much luck getting it off can anyone descibe how this is one.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Idle stabilization isn't horrible but it could be better. It could be due to dirty injectors or worn lobes. I wouldn't be surprised if #4 was worn since #1 and 4 seem to wear out first.

The coolant temp sensor should be on the left side (right side when looking at it) flange. Release the tab clip to release the plug and it pulls out, here is an older engine: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a4/thermostat-ALH-VW-TDI-engine.htm See if unplugging it makes a difference but you can read it through VCDS engine measuring blocks so I would just do that to check its readings.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to pull the entire senor out just the connecting lead. I know you need to push in a clip/tab somewhere but just can't get to it.

Also what do you think of the timing -1.5 seems a little out or am I reading the wrong value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts