VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father recently purchased a used 1999 new beetle DTI 1.9 to be my vehicle for the forthcoming years; we are working on it together to get it going.

At first he believed the veichle to simlpy have a glow plug problem, but we have also instaled a new alternator, serpentine belt, and AC condenser along with other minor adjustments. We first attempted to obtain a electronic manual for our vehichle that was powered by ElsaWin, but after instalation found that many "corrupt files" exsited. We then began looking for other souces of information. (Has anyone else tried this manual?)

Either I or my father will be posting to ask questions along the way. This site has already helped a great deal when we remained non-members.

We are in Clifton, IL currently and are looking for anyone near by that we can confer with us on the general topic of TDIs and more specific challenges that may arise.

Thank you for creating a community of support!

-Natasha & Brian

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Get the Bentley paper manual, it should be the best one.

Welcome, there are plenty of people around the IL area, I am not one of them unfortunately :)

What is the problem anyways? What error codes do you have? The GP system is fairly simple, most of the time it's a wiring harness problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts