VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Gurus please help! Weird issue Tiguan TDI

3K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Berserk 
G
#1 ·
Having a very strange issue in my 2010 Tiguan, it's almost spooky. So we have a highway near my house, and two days in a row the glow plug light has started flashing at the exact same spot. Car is fine once turned off and on, but it's this one spot. I assume it's the distance to that spot and maybe doing 100kmph for that certain distance?

No codes is the weird part also! Could it be a filter of some sort? I assume a sensor would cause a fault code.

Please any help is appreciated.

G
#3 ·
Is that really the only answer when it comes to VW's? All I ever see is VCDS. Not being negative, but if it truly is the only way I'll invest in one. Guess I'm a bit too old school for all this computer run shiznit. But this issue is weird, really weird.

G
#10 ·
Hi, If I need any help with resetting your cars VCU codes you go to Super Cheap Auto stores in Australia & they will fault find & reset codes, all for $28.
I use them all the time saving a fortune at dealers & local mechanics.

#4 ·
I know VCDS cables aren't cheap but they are the only good DIY scanner on the market. There are plenty of cheap Chinese cloned cables on fleabay but a lot of good forums won't answer questions on those cables. We done know your vehicle or what's been done so an AutoScan is the only option.

To me Ross-Tech are shooting themselves in the foot with the new VCDS where you buy a cable with 3 VIN or 10 VIN or unlimited scans. With the original VCDS like mine you can scan with ever VAG vehicle you want. I know they want to cut down on the use of these Chinese cables but that's the wrong way to do it.

G
#5 ·
Yeah the cost is insane, but it's our family car and plan on keeping it for a while so I might get one. I assume these tools really help narrow down the issue so it's probably my best option.

Just so weird to me how it did it twice in the same spot along the same drive. Just hoping it's nothing major as I know some repairs on a diesel can cost a ton of money

#7 ·
The cost is high, but... if for some reason I lost my mind and got out of the VW game (no chance of winning a lottery, as I never buy tickets...), I could sell my VCDS cable for not much less than I paid for it, so... it's not that horrendous an expense... besides, you'll save money every time your car throws a code, as getting it read at a VW dealership isn't free... the cheap generic testers can't come close to reading all the modules that need to be read, and as for those Vag-Com clones... caveat emptor...

G
#8 ·
I thought they were like 400-600 but I just seen the one with the detachable USB is only $200 so that's a bit more reasonable. That's a good point about selling it also, didn't really think of that. One other quick question, we filled up with different diesel right before this started happening could dirty diesel or something like that cause this? I would of thought it would do it more often though if it was that.

#9 ·
Well I don't know where you buy your diesel in Australia. In the UK fuel is sold at supermarkets and the quality of Tesco diesel is bad. That will cause more problems than it fixes. If you want to know more then ask?

#12 ·
VAG Error Code: 16787/001027/4891/4892/7461/7462

EOBD II Error Code: P0403

Fault Location:
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Recirculation Valve (N18) - Malfunction

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Rough Idle Speed and/or Engine stalling.
Loss of Power.

Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s).
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Recirculation Valve (N18) stuck/faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
Check/Replace Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Recirculation Valve (N18).

When is the code detected?:
An improper voltage signal is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) through the valve.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

G
#13 ·
With the EGR removal on a CBAB motor, can you take it off with the ASV attatched, or do you need to remove that first?

Also, can anyone explain how to get to the 3rd EGR bolt? I've gotten 2 out, and can't seem to feel the 3rd. I assume it's near the electrical side(black part).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.