VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I was able to source a used GTI cat back exhaust,and resonator for my TDI. I understand there’s no real performance, and doing it mainly for cosmetics. I got the LED tails and wanted a little sportier look, in the rear. My car is also Stage 2 tuned.

My question is, any benefit to using the entire catback exhaust, or should I just cut and use the muffler part? The pipe from the resonator onwards looks in great condition, but before that is a little rusty..

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,982 Posts
I thought the GTI has 2 tail pipes one on either side or is that the 4x4. Is that picture of your 2012 Golf which twin chrome pipes, the same as my Golf GTD?

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is my current stock exhaust. I have the GTI exhaust with the single exhaust tips, on both sides. Before I can get it installed, I have to get the rear bumper diffuser, from the GTI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those looking to use the stock GTI cat back exhaust, I didn’t bother using the resonator, since there wasn’t one there to begin with,. I just got the exhaust shop to cut the pipe to the muffler, and they welded it on. I didn’t feel the need gl use the entire car back exhaust from the GTI, like some folks have done.

And, as expected, there’s no change in sound. The exhaust sound will change when I decide to do the delete. In the meantime, I love how the GTI exhausts look with the LED tails. And the rear diffuser is soo nice compared to the stock one.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts