VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 2003 GTI front and rear bumper fit my 2003 TDI? Does the hood/grill match up What's needed to make it work?

As always, thanks for your wisdom and input!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Since it's a golf, it's a direct bolt on.

You can even put it on a jetta or put a jetta or gli front on your golf but you have to swap the hood and I think the fenders might. These conversions are called Gettas or Jolfs.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So a Golf (GTI) bumpers will bolt right onto a Golf (TDI) without any mods, but a Golf (any) will require some mods to fit the same from a Jetta. Is my statement correct?

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I've heard of gettas too and this is how I get it. Any GTI part should go onto a golf TDI without a problem. Except the brakes, axles, some suspension parts from some years? The bumpers are direct bolt on.

Any golf body can have a jetta front but you can't just swap bumpers, you also have to change the fenders and hood and headlights. Same wiht jetta body putting on golf parts in the getta.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getta's and Jolf's...that's funny as hell!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After looking at ETKA, I see that I can get a new front bumper spoiler. The reason why I was looking into the GTI front/rear bumpers was that I have a broken spoiler right at the front of the driver side wheel arch. It looks horrible and I'm glad that I don't need to spend an arm and a leg for it through IMPEX. For under $100 delivered, this will be my best option. It's just the black piece at the very bottom of the bumper...

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like that R32 front end, wow does that look sharp!

With any luck, I'll have some time to install the new front spoiler that arrived earlier this week.

Thanks,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts