VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

We can't buy a GTD. Can we improve the looks? Can GTI seats bolt in? Can GTI body parts be applied? I know the wheels can be ordered.

At some later date VW will grow brains or the performance suspension/engine tuners will offer comparable performance. Is it worth a feasability study?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Everything is bolt on. The seats, body panels, wheels, suspension. Even the engine :)

The main differences between the GTI and TDI Golf (other than engine/transmission)

seats
shifter/steering wheel
suspension
larger brakes
rear spoiler
front bumper
rear bumper
wheels

·
Registered
298 Posts
:D

We can't buy a GTD. Can we improve the looks? Can GTI seats bolt in? Can GTI body parts be applied? I know the wheels can be ordered.

At some later date VW will grow brains or the performance suspension/engine tuners will offer comparable performance. Is it worth a feasability study?
Your local dealer is going to love you :) Shop around for someone selling their used take-off GTI bumper and you should be able to get a good discount. I would get aftermarket wheels over VW wheels since they tend to be heavy. Quality aftermarket wheels, that is. And stick with genuine OEM VW body parts, replicas never fit as well or are made out of fiberglass and can crack. The stock bumper can flex a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the advice. I think I will look for someone doing body kits on GTI or hope that I can find a GTI bashed at one end or the other. Might need master cylinder brake calipers & rotors for a start. Good advice on wheels too.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Here's a start: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4657636

I don't know if it's totaled because the car is so new. If I had to guess I would say yes because both fenders are sticking past the front door gap which suggests bent frame rails. New front bumper, grille, support + misc parts= a few thousand, HID lights = about 2,000, fenders + hood + paint = a few thousand...and I highly doubt there are any used parts out there yet.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Wow, that sucks :( ! I hope they give him a brand new car because that's what I would want! Or tell them to replace it with a used one in 3 days ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts