VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ive just recently brought a 2001 GT TDI 115, and when under load, i.e. going up hill in 3rd,4th it goes into Limp Mode, which can be overcome by switching off/on, Ive changed the MAF sensor but with no luck, double checked the vacuum lines and changed any damaged ones I found.
Is the vacuum line set up on a AJM engine the same as a ALH engine? Just so I can be sure the all lines are in correct positions ( as under inspection I found the vacuum line that runs to the airbox was blanked off- who knows what the previous owner was doing!?) So I really need to triple check that everything is fine before I start checking actuator ect..
Please help.......

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It should be similar, check under the hood for a sticker showing line routing. Very curious that hte vac line was blanked off, maybe they thought it would fix it? Take a look in the FAQ at the limp mode troubleshooting article, there are many possible causes.
welcometomyturbodies....isn't "Going to Coventry" slang for being punished and isolated? I'm sure Coventry is lovely though :D

Also, post moved to mk4 section since specific to problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers
Have checked under hood and cant find any diagram anywhere, just my luck!
Will go through FAQ see what I can come up with, many thanks....

Certainly feel punished and Isolated at mo...jaw drops

Some say the best thing to come out off Coventry is the M6!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts