VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all.

I was wondering if i could pick your collective brains about a grinding noise at the end of braking.
The car brakes and stops fine. No increased stopping distance or mush in the pedal.
But at the very end of braking I can feel and hear a grinding sensation eminating from the front end.

I took off the wheels and looked at the brakes today and there seems plenty of meat left on the pads and no grooves ground into the front rotors. Previous owner made the car ridiculously low and we've had to deal with some unexpected wheel spacers and some rims. I thought maybe that they could be rubbing up against something, but i don't see anywhere on the rim that has been damaged on the inside. We're currently trying our best to get the car back to stock as much as possible.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
That's a really odd point and experience.
How big are the rims? If they're 15" it could be weights rubbing on calipers. The front calipers are larger than the rear.
Otherwise, I would be looking at ball joints, tie rods, subframe bushings and engine mounts.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a really odd point and experience.
How big are the rims? If they're 15" it could be weights rubbing on calipers. The front calipers are larger than the rear.
Otherwise, I would be looking at ball joints, tie rods, subframe bushings and engine mounts.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
They're 18" Audi rims. I have some 16" alloys that I am going to replace them with, but with the wheel spacers and the long lug bolts, I haven't had the opportunity yet to put them on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts