VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Ya'll,
I''m a long time lurker of the Diesel forums, but have never posted on any of them. Today I'm a begger in need. I own two VW TDIs - a '98 Jetta and an '05 Jetta. I also have a Kubota diesel, but I don't think that counts (not turbo :). Anyway, I've always worked on my own vehicles, never really trusted the dealers and it's always worked out for the best for over 40 years; until this afternoon. I'm trying to pull the transmission from the '98 Jetta to do the clutch - damn thing only lasted 192K miles, and for the life of me I can't find the right angle, height, way to hold my mouth, what ever to get the tranny out of there. I've got he jack on the back of the engine, tranny jack under it...it moves around real nice except the output shaft casing gets bound up trying to get the input shaft all the way out. I've lifted, separated, rotated to no avail. Somebody please share the trick with this old phart.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Seatman

I had read that, only thing there I haven't tried yet is removing the flanges. I believe I will need to drain it to do that so I've been avoiding it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts