VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guten Tag,

I'm a delighted (so far!) new 2010 Golf TDI owner (Blue Graphite 4-dr., manual trans, sunroof, Xenon, cold weather pkg., Dynaudio, Bluetooth) and new to this (or any other) excellent forum, so I hope I'm not screwing up the protocol. I have read a number of other questions and may have some advice re: vehicle purchase issues and snow tires (we live in the lake effect snow belt of central NY), but I will reply to those matters elsewhere. I do have one question (for now!) related to the heated windshield washer nozzles: nowhere in the incredibly long and very German (i.e., thorough) owner's manual can I find anything about how they operate. Is there an on/off switch somewhere, or do they somehow sense cold weather and turn on automatically when needed, or what? Is the rear washer also heated? Or did I miss something on page 2,122 of the manual? My next project is to figure out the audio system and also hook up the cell phone I never use. I come from a generation where 8-track stereos were a big deal and the new-car learning curve for this old geezer is getting a bit steep. BTW, my first car was a red '65 Beetle, also had a '72 Karmann-Ghia, but this is the first VW since. This one actually has heat!

Thanx, and auf wiedersehen for now!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! The Karmann Ghia is a really nice car to have now...a real classic. The Beetle is too but nobody knows what the other one is.

Don't know how/when the heated nozzles work. I took a quick look through the manual and didn't see any references to how it works. If you dug through the electrical diagrams you could probably find out more detail.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, boss. If no one else has an answer, I'll put on my electrician's hat and see what I can find. Or maybe someone at VW might know. LOL.

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies
The Karmann Ghia is a really nice car to have now...a real classic. The Beetle is too but nobody knows what the other one is.
Which one the Karmann Ghia chitty I know what one of those is its a classic.

Karmann Ghia

I'm not sure how these heated nozzles operate. On some UK cars that operate when the heated rear screen is switched on. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts