VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2011 Golf 2.5. New to VW so doing alot of homework. Wow, alot of different things than with what I have known. I find this forum really great. The best compendium of general info I have found. Thanks for being.

No I am not diesel but there obviously is a wealth of concurrent useful info for gassers.
Bone stock right now, with the intention of modding it to a poor man's GTI.

First mod attempt was losing DRL. That was an interesting runaround, being the function is not in my MFD and my manual states the turn signal procedure, which conveniently does not work on my build - 2/11- after about 100 attempts (... maybe it will work just this next time... after all... its in the manual...):ugh
Finally decided/learned to do VCDS (vagcom what???). So having fun with that. Also did euroswitch and enabled parking lights. I am on a roll now...

Just did my first post here about key remote so I thought I would go ahead a post intro.
One thing though... seems like there is not a wealth of aftermarket accessories for MK6. I am told that maybe because the build is still too new for the aftermarkets to tool up. Or maybe I am not looking at the right places?

Regards. Again thanks for being.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Most stuff from the mk5 Golf/Jetta will also fit the mk6 Golf. Some places for aftermarket accessories and OEM stuff are ecstuning, oemplus, tmtuning. They sell a variety of general goodies.

Yes, the VCDS modification, for some reason, has let people set the DRL. For another strange reason, some people can't connect to the CECM module unless you lock or unlock the doors, I forget which. This is different than pretty much all previous models.

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts