VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

Just an intro.

I picked up my Natural Grey Caddy Maxi Life TDI250 with 7 speed DSG yesterday. Extremely pleased with it.

I am learning all about it so will probably have many questions once I search through the FAQ's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, you want sunny? Come to Dallas. I'd kill for your weather right now - even if it is 57 (F) and raining!!
HTML:
Funny you should say that :)

We have just had a miserably wet night here and woke to temperatures hovering around 10 deg C, but then you knew that :) Even the earthworms gave up and headed for dry land!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you guys seen the time lapse of the dust storms in Phoenix? At least the wildfires have died down.
Been there, done that :)

Melbourne (Australia) had something very similar many years ago, so Sydney had to go one better where we woke to a strange orange glow. Just taking a walk to the letterbox to check for mail saw you get a feeling in your throat that was like you had been screaming for a while.

It certainly is not pleasant and the fires are certainly not good. To top it off we were on severe water restrictions meaning we could only use buckets.

Never mind, once we were done with it, we sent the remnants over to our friendly neighbours :)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I don't think fire's something I have to worry about unless it's actually lighting one to get some heat lol.:)

That dust storm would be a right bitch if you had your engine in bits:panic:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Actually I dont think those dust storms care much if your engine is in bits or not. In Kuwait I would open a sealed, never used jar of peanut butter or mayo and there would be a dust layer under the sealed lid! After a dust storm it is everywhere!

I lived in Sydney for a year way back and loved it. I have been looking for ways to get back there to work ever since. I got my masters at Uni of Wollongong, they have a learning center in Sydney right off of Hyde Park. I lived off Oxford and Flinders street. what a great time! I used to take the ferry to Watsons Bay, get some fish and chips and walk the cliff walk back to town. AWESOME!!! My wife is tired of hearing how great it is and wants to move the family there.

-Byron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts