VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Amarok is one of the many fine pickups available for purchase in Ecuador. I believe it is available thruout Latin America as well as Europe and Australia, but not the US. It has twin, cascaded, turbos feeding the diesel fuel to its four cylinders (it is the EA 189 engine; yes, the culprit in the VW Emissions Scandal!) and has plenty of power and gets great mileage up here in the mountains. Specifically, about 40 km/gallon. Not the 50+ MILES/gal. many of you flatlanders with city cars get but its it is significantly superior to many gas-fueled pickups, like the Mazda B2600 (sold here until just a few years ago), which only got 15-20 km/gal, and that with noticeably anemic performance going up the slopes.

I joined after searching for info on the Internet and discovered this fine site. I look forward to being helped and helping others.

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

The Amarok isn't a popular TDI on here as we done have a sub forum. Even though I've asked the new admins for more sub forums. They only made Seat and Skoda that's all.

Your better of posting any problems in general.

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts