VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forumeers.

I have been a reader of this site for a while now so I thought I should join and say hello - Hello.
A sucker for punishment (not really!) I started my TDI life with a brand new Skoda Octavia 90BHP TDI in 2000 and in the 90,000 miles/6 years I owned it it only cost me a timing belt/brake pads/oil and a replacement MAF. I only got rid of it cos I wanted another Galaxy and the Skoda was so reliable I thought I would end up having it for life!!!

I then got an old Galaxy 110BHP AFN that died after around 4 yrs, initially because the crankshaft pulley sprocket had worn so it jumped timing but the killer was the [email protected]*rt that the recovery man kept spraying into it to keep it running that I am convinced definitely killed the turbo - Never again will I let that happen again - dreadful stuff.

Now another Galaxy - this time a 2001 AUY PD 115 BHP that is struggling for power after around 2000 RPM - maybe the MAF, maybe the Turbo VNT sticking ......or worse :nana2:
but there is plenty of good diagnostic info on this site, so armed with my VAG-COM and lead I should be able to narrow it down.

Long introduction - sorry - you can wake up now - LOL

Scoobie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford Galaxy - looks a little like a Winstar. Was co-developed between Ford and VW and made in a shared production facility in Portugal. The diesels used VW 90 or (mostly) 110 BHP TDI (110 BHP had variable vane turbo) up to around 2001 then changed to PD engine with 115, 130 and 150 BHP models.
The one I have now is 115 BHP AUY and I think my turbo is poorly (uses oil and no power over 2000 RPM).

Question - although I have registered and have added a post I still get refused when I click on the member restricted info??

Thanks - Scoobie :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts