VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my neighbours Cordoba Vario, it's exactly the same as mine but it's red and it has a lot less rust but it's the same 1.9tdi. It's also a year younger which helps, she's bought another car and the garage was offering her a riculous price for the Cordy so I told her I would deal with it, I can either swap over some parts to improve my interior or just keep hers and sell mine. I'll swap over the suspension, wheels and the injectors though as I have the new sporty suspension and I got the new bosio nozzles. The only thing I'd lose is the tow bar but I can get one of them easy enough later plus most of my friends have tow bars and would lend me their cars anyway so not really an issue. It's funny but I took the new one out for a spin earlier and it seems like it has almost the same power as mine with the new nozzles which makes me wonder wether there's wear in the engine or the maf's a bit knackered, she just fitted a new maf recently. The clutch also feels nicer but the gears need looked at, it's a bit tricky to get 3rd, the slotting it in is nice but the finding it is tricky so I expect the linkage needs looked at.:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
a lot less rust is always good, by the sounds of it if you swap the parts the car will be quicker as well as prettier then your old more rusted car. tdi's are the best.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bit of a clean and polish then swap over my lovely parts and it'll be spot on.:)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone got an opinion on colour? I still can't decide which one to keep and wouldn't mind a bit of input.:)

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
I prefer your blue one as blue is my favourite colour but it may look ok when its cleaned and polished?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after a good deal of thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that I just can't part with the blue one, I love the colour and I love the car, i tried to like the red one but it's just not working for me. I've seen a few red ones but none like mine, I like the rarity of it. Even better though I've been swapping out all the damaged parts from my interior so mine is practically perfect in my lovely blue car.:)

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
Well you're taking on a big job if your making a good car out of two, providing you have the time and the space it would be an interesting project?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was dead easy Keith, it was just some interior parts and one of the tail lights, all done and dusted.

Cheers JPablo:D

Just need to get a couple of wings for it, should do nicely.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts