VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Manual FTW! If you live in a very cold area then on a cold engine, the DSG transmission can creep. It's because the fluid is too thick and the car moves. Tires with shorter sidewalls are heavier because they have to be built thicker and the tread pattern/rubber are normally more aggressive so they give lower fuel economy. The pano sunroof is fun but I prefer no sunroof - the possibility for leaks and because people get enough sun exposure. VW actually recommends the Jetta now so they must have changed something. The Jetta is a good seller too. The next gen Jetta isn't for a few years so no point in waiting.
I've driven a DSG TDI on a test drive and also the 6 speed stick. Even with a partially torn lateral meniscus (old lacrosse injury) I'll take the stick any day of the week. Thought the same thing when I test drove the MKV GTI's back in '05. Got in a DSG, was impressed with how fast it shifted, always hit perfectly rev-matched downshifts (as opposed to my pathetic granny shifting) and how incredibly smooth it was. Also thought it was the most boring thing I'd ever "driven" in my life and enjoyed the manual GTI 1,000 times more. $0.02. Rowing my own = driving. DSG/slushbox takes all the fun out of it for me. :p

1 - 1 of 1 Posts