VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a hog farmer and run 2 VW Beetle TDI's. 2000.2003 manuals trans. Very reliable cars for running from site to site. I'm working on a third for my son he loves them to, very fuel efficient . I also run dodge Cummins , I'm well versed with them but need some help on the VW beetles. I'm very new to postings and forums and the like. My 2003 needs help she stopped dead running to do chores its a good car ran perfect just died please help. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own, after your other post. ;)

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I'm a hog farmer and run 2 VW Beetle TDI's. 2000.2003 manuals trans. Very reliable cars for running from site to site. I'm working on a third for my son he loves them to, very fuel efficient . I also run dodge Cummins , I'm well versed with them but need some help on the VW beetles. I'm very new to postings and forums and the like. My 2003 needs help she stopped dead running to do chores its a good car ran perfect just died please help. Thank you
I would try to eliminate possibilities by bypassing the fuel system. Open up the air pipe coming from the turbo and squirt in a little quick-start. If the engine starts, only for a second or two, it means the problem is in the fuel delivery, likely, the injector pump.

I expect a lot of heckling about using quick-start on diesels. Pay attention to them or ignore them, as you prefer. I experienced the same problem as you, diagnosed it just as I suggested, and had it running after replacing the injector pump. If the hecklers scare you, you can also see if the injector pump is pumping by loosening (not disconnecting), one at a time, the injector lines. When you crank the engine, fuel should leak out. Tighten the line and go on to the next one. If they are all shooting fuel, the problem isn't the injector pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts