VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, if no one has replied to http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f9/how-many-female-drivers-here-3371/

I've been after a workshop manual for mine since I've had the car. I have ElsaWin and ETKA but they aren't a great deal of use. I've decided to get a VW Golf & Jetta Petrol & Diesel (04 - 07) 53 to 07. As it says it covers the Mk5 so it should cover parts for the Mk6. I asked them how come they don't make newer/current manuals they said its because its covered under VW warranty for 3 years so people don't want a manual they just take it back to the dealer.

As least I've got something to digest. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Slightly offtopic2 Hi Keith, as you've noticed (coolant temp) they don't even do one for my car and that's a 2000 plate Seat. I asked them about it last year when I bought the car and all they said was sorry about that but if you get stuck, you can try contacting our technical dept so, I have and will let you know the results.
Ps My friend has the elsawin for my car but like you, I also don't find it useful.

·
Premium Member
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says Cordoba Diesel up to 99 I don't know what difference the Vario makes. It maybe the closet your going to find. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
No idea either but mine is a Mk1 with the facelift and they did change the suspension, lights, grill, bumpers, dash, heater,stereo fitting and I'm not sure they even had the same engine or wiring colours. Haynes can be vague imo and leave out the interesting stuff. I don't want to contact the dealer, I want to get my hands dirty and fix it myself.;)

·
Premium Member
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Thanks Keith, looks like some stuff to go through, much appreciated.
Also thought I'd let you know that I got a reply from Haynes today and must admit, they were very helpful in giving me various tests to do for my coolant temp sensor wiring.:)

·
Premium Member
9,648 Posts
I've just installed Vivid WorkshopData ATI v10.2 and it works great. Obviously they are manuals for 47 manufacturers but it covers my GTD 2008> also Jetta & Passat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts