VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Mk4 Golf GT TDi 110 and its not boosting right unless i spray the actuator with penetrating oil so i guess it's just knackered. My question is, I have just bought a new actuator off ebay but the vacum nipple is on the side and not the end, should this make a difference. It looks identical otherwise.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
As long as it fits properly it shouldn't matter, you could always change it then keep the old one and clean it up then if there's any problem with the new one you can put the old repaired one back on unless it's leaking.:)

welcometomyturbodies min:D

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hook a MityVac up to the new actuator and give it a test. It should start to move @ ~3 in. Hg and be fully retracted @ 15-16 in. Hg. Of course, you will also have to compare the travel distance to that of the original.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fitted it last night and it works a treat. Vacum nipple is a good bit fatter but the hose just went on. Off to halfords now to get some e clips as it flew off somewhere in my engine bay. The wifes hair clip is holding it the now! The old actuator sounded like it was full of grit when i shook it. Weird. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts