VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i hope that one of you good people would have any suggestions for me. i have a VW Golf TDi MK5 1.9 BKC engine.

Over the past few months i have notices that there is like a rattle noise on the cambelt side of the engine, but it is possibly coming from somewhere else as a diesel engine as you know is quite noise when you put your ear close to it

I find that until the engine gets to full working temperature the the noise will then stop. I have suspected the CAT convertor may be breaking down but i am not sure.

Also i have found over the last few days in the cold that the oil light on the dash board flashes and beeps, this happens when it is from a cold start. If i turn the engine off and then on again the oil light stays off.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas what the problems can be?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Any error code? It could be a faulty oil pressure sensor.

As for the rattling noise, it could also be the alternator pulley. Remove the belt and stick a wood stick to counterhold the fan. The pulley should only rotate 1 way. The other way you should feel the clutch stick and be jammed by the wood stick. If it does not rotate or rotates both ways freely with the fan jammed, you found the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts