VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
i have a golf tdi 2000 110hp. while i am driving sometimes the engine goes off itself. if i try to start it the same time is not working. if i wait like 2mins the car starts normally. i also got a vagcom so the problem i am getting is 17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer and 01314 - Engine Control Module
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent.
what can i do? help me...
thank you
Frangos

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Normally I would say that relay 109 is going off. Look under the dash board. look for the relay panel. What color is the relay?

If the relay marked 109 (or 601 if you're looking at it upside down) is black, replace it with the newer part which is grey. It can overheat and cuts power to the ecu which cuts power to the engine. It's possible that would also cause the immobilizer code.

From testing the immobilizer, I found that it shuts off the engine only a second after start. It won't shut the engine off while driving, unless yours is different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it a special relay? can i find it anywere or i have to go to unicars? i will let you know.. thank you

·
Registered
72 Posts
if it's 109, you can get it at many OEM parts dealers. I don't think you can find it at the electronics shop though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts