VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2010 golf tdi can have a reciever hitch mounted on it. I am not intereseted in towing with it, but I do use a style of bike rack that mounts to either a 2 in or 1 1/4 in reciever. I do not like and would not use a roof mount. please let me know. this is a potental deal breaker for me.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Good question, I believe you can but I will look it up so that I can add this info to the buying guide.

You CAN add a hitch to the Jetta sedans and wagons.

·
Registered
135 Posts
the answer is YES! So far, the only 2010 TDI Golf I physically have seen on the road and licensed had a tow hitch, just like a truck with a receiver...just much, much smaller.

I'd suspect that you simply go to any reputable hitch manufacture and they'll have one for ya.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I talked to the local VW dealer but apparently, at least in Canada, VW doesn't have a hitch receiver. And I don't want to hoist my bike unto the roof, as I will slip or otherwise drop it.

I found one trailer place that can get a 1 and 1/4 inch system. Unfortunately, my bike rack is built for a 2 inch receiver. Anyone find a 2 inch hitch receiver that will fit a 2010 Jetta TDI?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts