VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im hoping for some advice or solution with my car,

I own a 2009 VW golf 140BHP TDI, It has been remaped to 180BHP with a induction kit.

The car has been running fine but recently was loosing power till the P0299 code arrived, when turning off the car and restarting the code and glow plug light (flashing) would turn off and the turbo would power.
The car feels sluggish and then you get around 20PSI when you reach 3000 RPM.
The checks I have done and replaced was the N75 as my last wasnt holding pressure so this has been replaced and didn't cure much. I have in my current tank got some Wynns Turbo cleaner. I have just tested the vacuum and found the pump is outputting vacuum and the N75 is working as it should and is outputting vacuum.

When connected to the actuator however to test the vacuum the needle didn't move or hold anything and the rod on the actuator wasn't moving. So I suspected the Actuator however if you connect the hose back up from the N75 or go directly off the vacuum pump to the actuator the rod on the actuator moves and holds a position and their seems to be no leaking noise coming from it.

I have attached my VCD print of the requested boost to actual.

Is their any further tests to run or would the actuator be the cause. My other though processes is the turbo sticking.

Many thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
9,230 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

That's a common error code, search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

VAG Error Code: 16683/15343/15343/14914/11226/12896/7384/5171/5671/000665

EOBD II Error Code: P0299

Fault Location:
Boost Pressure Regulation - Control Range Not Reached/Low Boost

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Reduced Power Output.
Limp Mode.
Limp mode: What is it, what are the causes, and how to fix it for the Audi and VW TDI diesel turbo.

Hoses/Pipes incorrectly connected, disconnected or leaking.
Charger Pressure Control defective.
Turbocharger faulty.
Diverter Valve faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components.
Check/Clean/Replace Charge Pressure Control.
Check Turbocharger.
Check Diverter Valve.

Special Notes:
If the Turbocharger is faulty due to mechanical/internal problems or the exhaust system is restricted (typically the Catalyst) this fault may be the end result.

Gasoline:
When found in 2.0l TFSI:
Check Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249) (Turbocharger Recirculating Valve) for cracked rubber diaphragm. A new/optimized Valve is available under Part # 06H-145-710-D (or newer).
Rest of World (RoW) vehicles see: Technical Product Information (TPI) 2016331 for details.
North American Region (NAR) vehicles see: Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 01-07-70 or 2013392 for details.
When stored in conjunction with misfire codes and/or fuel trim faults see the notes associated with the following faults regarding Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) failure: Crankcase Breather Valve
When found in Audi A4/S4/RS4/Cabriolet (8K): 2.0l (CAEB):
See Technical Product Information (TPI) 2031245/6 - turbocharger excessive waste-gate play.

Diesel:
When found in VW Golf/Jetta (1K): 2.0l CR-TDI (CBEA/CJAA):
Verify the mechanical part of the Exhaust Valve Control Module (J883) is not seized or binding.
When found in the 1.9 L TDI-PD (BLS):
Check vacuum supply from the vacuum reservoir located in the valve cover for leaks. Using a vacuum gauge, wiggle the valve cover and hose connections to check for a leak. The following photo was submitted from a customer working on a 2010 VW Caddy (2K chassis) with this vacuum reservoir problem.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
LOL Keith... like an intro is going to just compel anyone to keep coming back. A knowledgeable and active community is what fosters loyalty to any given forum.

OP:
Have you checked to see if your N75 is in the proper orientation? I'm new to the TDI world, but this is a common error in the 20vt VAG gassers. And one easily remedied, thankfully.

The only time I had that code on a CR TDI was related to intercooler icing. Luckily this was covered under TSB-21-18-02 with the extended emissions warranty.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All,

Apologies for posting in the wrong section and thanks for the posts and help. I regularly check this site if I have any other issues, if i can help anyone out in the future I will.

The n75 what was on their felt like it was loosing pressure so I replaced that. The orientation of the N75 is how it has been since I got it, Which is air box on the top nipple, Middle goes the the actuator and the bottom takes the vacuum pump. As I said i checked the vacuum pressure and it seems pressure is getting to the actuator pipe. when I put the vacuum pump to the Actuator I cannot pump pressure into it. When i connect the hose from the N75 i can see the actuator rod move on idle it registers in that vacuum pipe at 22 Hg.

I dont think it is the inter cooler as im in the UK a part that doesn't get overly cold so dont think it could be that.

·
Super Moderator
9,230 Posts
LOL Keith... like an intro is going to just compel anyone to keep coming back.

Its a simple request if new members don't comply then they are after a free fix never to return again, which is far more annoying.

He has posted in the correct section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a simple request if new members don't comply then they are after a free fix never to return again, which is far more annoying.

He has posted in the correct section.
Again my mistake I thought forums was a free place for help. If I can pay for advice to get some help I would do so.
How do you go about getting the help on this forum then ?

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Whether they stick around or not, the original post and any resolution remains available for all to see. Which helps everyone.

I wonder how many people google a symptom and find a solution, thereby bypassing the need to register at all? Freeloaders!

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Again my mistake I thought forums was a free place for help. If I can pay for advice to get some help I would do so.
How do you go about getting the help on this forum then ?

Many thanks
There isn't a ton of traffic here but posting here and across other forums is usually what I do. Between the handful of sites I frequent I'm usually able to elicit a useful response.

If you have a Ross-Tech cable, you can pay a fee and activate technical support from them, either on a one time basis or 15 service tickets over a year.
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/ts_annual/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts