VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to forum ,i have a ahu engine in my t4 .
I have just done timing belt and camshaft timing mark is a bit off not by much .
I locked fuel pump with pin and camshaft with tool on end and got a mate to hold crankshaft at tdc while i tighted the camshaft pulley and everytthing lines up at this point.
Till i give 2 rotations and the camshaft slot is ever so slightly off from inserting tool back in and fuel pump is just a few mm out as well.
What am i doing wrong

·
Super Moderator
9,329 Posts
Hi new to forum ,i have a ahu engine in my t4 .
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 02/2002-05/2003, Model: LT, LT 4x4, Engine Code: AUH, 116Kw, 158PS, 2.8 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI), 4x4

I'm not sure if the 2.8 has a timing belt as they are generally timing chains but you say it does.

Post moved to General as we don't have a Transporter sub forum even though I asked the new admins. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,329 Posts
Ok it was late so I got the code mixed up.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/1996-12/1997, Model: Golf/Var.-syn./Rall./Coun., Engine Code: AHU, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI) Timing belt
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/1996-02/1999, Model: Golf Variant, Engine Code: AHU, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI) Timing belt

Its still in a T4.

Search TDI Wiki or its covered in TDI Timing Belts App

Ok I've moved it back. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts