VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
DRIVEX-TV hosted this comparo which was filmed in Spain on the Valenciano Ricardo Tormo course.

The GTD clearly beats the GTI off the line and through the higher end of 3rd gear. In gears 4-6 the GTI takes the advantage of it's 200hp leaving the GTD planted on the GTI's tail through out the entire course. Very nice video and if you speak/understand Español or Castellano then :+1

Volkswagen of America should consider bring the GTD (in limited numbers) to the US.

Enjoy folks! (on track)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8rfk3xllvQ

Various attempts off the line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1mecxkvk98

Post what you think of this comparo

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Already saw the drag race one but the track one is new to me. They sell every single one already and I'm sure they would sell every single GTD too. You can't beat the Prius at the fuel economy game with the 2.0L engine unless you do 99% highway. I believe VW/Audi is trying to set up diesel as the sporty-green choice and the GTD is consistent with that image.

·
Registered
135 Posts
you mean bring the GTD in limited number to the US just like the TDI Golf? I don't think they could get any more limited than what they currently have going on. hehe

these poor people, wait, wait, wait, and then wait. Some not even getting their order picked up by the manufacture after 5 or 6 months.

Luckily mine is down to the single digits in days!!!!

Great comparison videos though.

·
Registered
482 Posts
you mean bring the GTD in limited number to the US just like the TDI Golf? I don't think they could get any more limited than what they currently have going on. hehe

these poor people, wait, wait, wait, and then wait. Some not even getting their order picked up by the manufacture after 5 or 6 months.

Luckily mine is down to the single digits in days!!!!

Great comparison videos though.
yeah that too. I don't even know why they spend money advertising.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts