VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car started normally this morning with outside temp near freezing. As soon as the engine started the glow plug warning light started to flash. The car had very poor acceleration.

I drove seven miles to work hoping everything would be ok once the engine started to warm up. No such luck!

After letting the car sit for two hours, I started the car and got the same flashing glow plug light, poor acceleration, and a check engine light. I drove carefully to the VW dealer.

The dealer had the car all day before tracing the problem to a "fuel pump micro relay loose at relay panel."

The relay was corrected and car runs great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car started normally this morning with outside temp near freezing. As soon as the engine started the glow plug warning light started to flash. The car had very poor acceleration.

I drove seven miles to work hoping everything would be ok once the engine started to warm up. No such luck!

After letting the car sit for two hours, I started the car and got the same flashing glow plug light, poor acceleration, and a check engine light. I drove carefully to the VW dealer.

The dealer had the car all day before tracing the problem to a "fuel pump micro relay loose at relay panel."

The relay was corrected and car runs great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts