VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say thanks to some of the few that make this site as great as it is. Like YMZ (Yuri), chitty, seatman, KeithUK and others that add so much value. I'm sure I can speek for many as I notice alot of us newbies are buying these TDIs mainly because of the great reputation they have and the simple fact that fuel prices are going through the roof. Then comes the reality check when we find these TDI sites and start reading to learn about these TDIs and how to take care of our new to us investment and the 1st thought that goes through our minds is "what the _____ did I get myself into".

What made me most comfortable about this site and which helped me and I see alot of others is the quick responses to the questions we have to get us going again and the things we need to do to keep the these great car going. I know we newbies sometimes beat a dead horse with the samethings that has been discussed to death but these questions are unique to us and none of you make us feel stupid for asking it again or get pissed.

My advice to any newbie that asked the same question as I have "what the _____ did I get myself into" and don't lie because we all have, is to listen to these guys, they know what they are talking about and follow the Faq. instructions to the T as I did when I did my EGR/intake cleaning and timing belt change which both went flawless and there is no way I could have done it without this site and support. Now I'm proud of what I got myself into. As its been said before "maintenance-maintenance and drive more-worry less". There is nothing out there that does not require maintenance even the brand new.

Keep up the good work and as we learn we can also add value to the future newbies to come. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
That's really kind of you but to be honest I'm still learning too, you pick up a lot though just by reading through these sites and watching out for what does and doesn't work, that's why I prefer it when someone lets people know if they got their problem fixed or not. You also learn a lot by working on your own car and seeing how it all goes together as well as other peoples.:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
:D Just remember that forums are filled with problems, not people posting "Hey everyone, everything is OK".

And I have to thank the forum users who support this growing website. It provides the motivation to provide more content and update the website.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
as we learn we can also add value to the future newbies to come.
That's how most of us go about it... This website (as well as that other TDI-specific site) have provided guidance and information in abundance, and the least we can do is help the next "generation" of TDI owners.

Many years ago a fellow named John Muir came up with a wonderful book named "How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive: A Manual of Step by Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot" that gave away many "trade secrets" of how to do basic (and many advanced) repairs. It's rumored that the VW dealers tried to get the book banned...

Today we have the Internet and a couple of websites that have taken over for what John tried to do.

We're all grateful !!!!

Thanks, Chitty, for keeping this place running !!!!!!!!

Yuri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts