VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to wonder if someone swapped the trans in my Golf TDI with one from a Golf R. It spins 2400 rpm at 60 in 6th gear and closer to 3k at 70. That can't be normal for a tdi can it? The shift indicator on the dash seems to think I'm in 4th and is telling me did upshift to 6th while cruising at 60. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

I don't recall of hand what my 2010 Golf GTD shows in 6th at 2,500 rpm 60mph, I think it 2,500 at 70mph.

How long have you had this Golf R if you don't know if the gearbox has been changed?

What is the transmission/gearbox code of the data sticker?

Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes

I can't tell you the ratio's without I look in ElsaWin.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for not making an induction, I've been a paid member for years and can't believe that I've never posted before. The car is brand new to me. I'll have to see if I can find the data tag on the trans this weekend.
Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
It’s not likely the right trans...I should say version of the 02Q. I believe the proper one would have a code of LHD. I have a 12 Golf and 60 in 6th gear is approximately 1600-1800rpm if I remember correctly. Though the 11+ models got a taller 6th gear so not sure if the trans code was different for the 09 and 10 model years.

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
There are 645 02Q gearboxes.

There are 21 LHD gearboxes.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2009-07/2013, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Golf 2.0 TDI-CR, Transmission Code: LHD, Transmission Type: 6S, Remarks: 02Q Gearbox (four-wheel drive Haldex coupling)
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 10/2008-06/2011, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Golf 2.0 TDI-CR, Transmission Code: LHD, Transmission Type: 6S, Remarks: 02Q Gearbox (four-wheel drive Haldex coupling)

As taken from my new VAG Engine & Transmission Codes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts