VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per the recommendation of a very wise member, I am posting this here.

I think I have my problem narrowed down to the inability of the pump to change quantity(add fuel). Does anyone know how to test the quantity circuit at the pump? I am looking for wire and test method. I have searched all over and found nothing yet. I think I either have a bad connection, bad wiring, bad signal from ECU or the pump is not functioning properly.

No codes
Car will not rev just idles.
I do not have access to a scanner at this time.
I am in SE michigan if anyone has a recommendation.

02 jetta automatic

·
Registered
68 Posts
once tdiclub.com comes back online, look up a member named Compu_85. his name is Jason and he has access to VCDS and enough knowlege to lend a hand with your problem. he is in Ann Arbor area.

not sure what scanner you are using but perhaps it cannot read fault codes out of the injection pump. Jason can hook up VCDS and see what the pump is doing in real time.

did this all happen suddenly? or what is the history on the car? have you just replaced the pump? if so where did it come from? (not North carolina I hope)

we need more background to be able to help you better.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
If your car idles, you QA is fine. The ECM is obiously working, and able to control the QA and maintain an idle speed at the default value of 903 rpms. If it was bad, it would not idle, it wouldn't even start. Sounds more like a wiring problem or a bad electrical connection to your ECM, or your Drive by wire throttle sending box down by the throttle pedal has gone bad.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I posted this in your other thread too..

you need to get your car to Martin Bergel in Fowlerville, MI.

One of the best TDI guys in the area, and worth the tow.
http://www.martinbergelllc.com/

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Get it on VCDS, and go do a scan.... I've a feeling a sensor is bad, an engine speed sensor, a sensor on your 01M auto, which, when you get the chance, get rid of it and convert to a 5 speed 02J with a "GQC" engine code.

When one of the sensors has a loose connection or goes bad (could have happened when the clown that did your head was bumping stuff around in there) the motor will be prevented from getting throttle from the ecu. The RPM'S at the transmission after the torque converter has to be in close match or in a specified range to the engine RPM'S, otherwise the ECM shuts down.

Get a VAG Com scan, first, and get back to us.

Sometimes, you need to do a reset, by disconnecting the battery completely , connecting the postitive cable to the negative cable, like shorting out a capacitor, then reconnection to the battery. You may also need to write down all the codes you find, then clear all codes. then go into adaptive mode for the transmission section in VCDS, and do a reset on the transmission, so it relearns everything from start, and becomes readaptive to the way you drive, ie learns your shift points for your driving style.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have already spoken to Martin a couple times. He has been more than gracious with his time and knowledge. I would love to avoid the tow, I already paid 3 towing bills. If I can't figure it out I will probably be towing to his shop. I am going to tow the car home this weekend. The guys at the shop are also stumped. It is going to be something stupid...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wouldn't all these out of range things throw a code? I do not have any codes or lights on. I have a standard obdII scannner only at this time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could this be a brake switch problem. I tinkered again today and it will rev in neutral but nothing in gear. Also in neutral are these things not suppose to rev normally?

Again, no codes and the computer is seeing throttle position.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not the brake switch. I also tested a good running vehicle. Brake switch will limit RPM in gear but does not disable throttle like mine. Towing today to another local shop to have scanned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts