VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you all pay for a gallon/litre of diesel.
I pay £1.30 a litre or £5.90 a gallon.
Think that's about $8.85 a gallon in US money:eek

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If i lived in the US i'd ditch my diesel and buy a Dodge Viper or corvette Z06 at those fuel prices!

·
Registered
85 Posts
same as DUTCH,

$3.25 /gal in Cincinnati, OH. Although I have seen 93 octane up to $3.45 like chitty, so waiting for the price to jump...

although as far as I'm concerned, the higher regular gas goes, the more value we're getting, even if we are paying a little more, :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
2 new stations where I live, a gas and diesel war, diesel is 3.13 gallon, it's 3.35-3.49 everywhere else. Too bad the TDI only needs a tank like once a month. Almost tempted to go get one of those 200 gallon trunk bed tanks and fill it up.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In europe most if not all tuned gas powered cars run on 99 octane and 102 octane and this would cost you $9.60 a gallon and rising. Plus when used in anger on a circuit most don't see more than 7 mpg lol!
Driving fast gas cars in europe is for the rich only!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What would happen in the US and Canada if you guys had to pay say $8.50 a gallon?
We have a little moan and then just take it on the chin.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What would happen in the US and Canada if you guys had to pay say $8.50 a gallon?
We have a little moan and then just take it on the chin.
The problem in the US is everything is so far, and you HAVE TO drive everywhere. It's not like europe where things are centralized. Everything is quite far unless you are in a older, big city.

If fuel went that high here, other prices would climb out of control. Food and most good costs would soar as everything is trucked in from all over the country.

Mass transit, buses and rail are almost nonexistent except in larger cities. The whole country would rebel and implode.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The problem in the US is everything is so far, and you HAVE TO drive everywhere. It's not like europe where things are centralized. Everything is quite far unless you are in a older, big city.

If fuel went that high here, other prices would climb out of control. Food and most good costs would soar as everything is trucked in from all over the country.

Mass transit, buses and rail are almost nonexistent except in larger cities. The whole country would rebel and implode.
That makes sense. I've been to vegas on holiday and booked a coach trip to the canyon and couldn't believe how vast the area is. Once out of vegas you could drive for miles and miles without seeing any buildings or people so i believe you should have dirt cheap fuel.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been to colombus ohio. Think i stayed in a place called pickerington. Do you know it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
That makes sense. I've been to vegas on holiday and booked a coach trip to the canyon and couldn't believe how vast the area is. Once out of vegas you could drive for miles and miles without seeing any buildings or people so i believe you should have dirt cheap fuel.
There are places in the southwest ( like nevada, where vegas is ) and the midwest where you can drive for >200 miles and not pass a gas station or much of anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not only is everything spread out in the states, but we have no public transport alternatives. I lived in London, and my girlfriend went to the University of Kent. I could get from my flat in Camden Town to her place in Canterbury without walking more than 200 yards. Not sure how far that was, maybe someone in England could let me know, but I believe it was a 3 or 4 hour trip. That could never happen in the US unless you were going from Boston to NYC, or Philadelphia to Washington.

I was very pleased to see that diesel at my local station was 3.40 last night, 7cents cheaper than premium fuel!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Camden town to Canterbury is 63.3 miles.
I was in London last week and diesel was £1.58 a litre or about $10.57 a gallon lol!
Plus you have to pay £10 a day to drive around it's grid locked roads. Fantastic!
I went on the train btw. Walked 8 mins from my house to the train station which took me on a 3hr ride straight to euston (centre of London).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts