VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer pointed out my fuel filter housing was broken on the inside and needed replaced as well as the fuel lines coming into the filter and from the filter to the engine. Wasn't going to pay $580 for their housing and lines. Found OEM cheaper and I'm trying to replace it myself. My problem is the pressurized line fittings coming into the filter. I've tried several fitting removal tools and no luck. The line going into the fittings looks to be rubber or rubber coated and I can't get a removal tool into the fitting. Any suggestions other than leaving the fittings on and taking the lines off the back of the fittings?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, thanks for the help. So, to help someone else who has a similar situation and needs to replace the lines going into the fuel filter from the main line. There are 2 tabs on the side of the "not so" quick disconnect. There is a special tool for that. The way that worked for one line was to push the quick disconnect down on the line and lightly squeeze with the special pliers and pull the disconnect off the main line. The way I had to do the other one because I hulk smashed the tabs was I took a pipe cutter tool and put it on the bottom groove of the quick disconnect. Once through the metal I took a regular head screwdriver and popped the cut piece off and then used a standard line disconnect tool and removed the fitting. So, hope that helps someone. Here's a pic of the special pliers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts