VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
had my TDI Sportwagen towed into Lindsay VW service dept after developing what seems to be a diesel leak... had white smoke lofting from the engine bay as well as a diesel smell in the cabin after a 60 mile trip under normal driving conditions...

thought #1: may be related to this: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results.cfm

does not appear to be related to above...

VW tells me an injector line is leaking, it was cleaned and they are still investigating, hope to have an answer tomorrow which will be the wagen's 3rd day in the shop.

What might cause a fuel supply line (injector input) to leak after only 7 months of moderate use (8,879 miles)? I'd love to hear opinions!

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that it was either not tightened enough on assembly or it vibrated loose.

I purchased my TDI wagon at Lindsay and know several of the line technicians that work in the service department so if anyone can figure it out they can.

I am sure that everything will be ok.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the road again... replaced injector #2 fuel supply line, all better!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same issue here, had a cracked fuel line at 6k miles. It was right by the flange at one end of the line. Mine was so bad te car went into limp mode when it determined fuel pressure dropped too much. Interesting to hear of another one.

Sounds like we better report this to the NHTSA, so they can start another investigation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts