VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Fuel leak from hard line fitting on hpfp outlet

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  m.sabin6299 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have a fuel leak coming from the compression fitting on the the high pressure fuel pump outlet. I have replaced the hard line once as it is obviously much cheaper than the hpfp and it didn't leak for more than three months then today the leak came back.
I have tried re-seating it but to no avail.
Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I really don't wanna buy a pump just because the fitting is leaking. I am considering getting another hard line but am worried about throwing the money away when I may just have to buy the pump anyway.

Any insight is appreciated!

Discussion starter · #3 ·
have you trye type flex seal check inside around the connector for any damage use a smooth sand paper around make sure is clean when you put it back, if there is damage on the tread there is a tool to fixed otherwise nothing else will work.
Flex seal? I tried sanding and looking for damage or dirt and found nothing obvious threads are fine as well

Discussion starter · #9 ·
So it broke again less than a month later this time the leak was so bad I had to tow it. I'm starting to think I'm gonna have to do a pump and timing belt and water pump and all that good stuff but was wondering if any of yall have seen this from a suspension vibration before last time I drove it (its primarily my wife's car I noticed a slight vibration coming from front passenger side which just so happens to be where the leak is .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.