VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2011 Jetta Sedan TDI. I've had it for three months and have already had a couple of issues. First issue was an electrical problem. Windshield wipers would start to creep up the windshield until they reached the middle of the windshield and then stopped. The radio would fade in and out. They said it was the BCM and a short.

2nd issue was a big one. One of the fuel injectors failed spraying fuel all over the engine compartment. The dealer said they have never seen this happen before. They fixed it and now want me to bring the car back in so they can take a fuel sample. I fear they want to try and blame the failure on me and void my warranty. I put nothing but ULSD fuel in the car and can't believe that a brand new vehicle is having these kind of problems.

Is there anyone here who has had the same type of issues with their new vehicle.

Thanks....

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
So far there have been a few fuel injectors or rails with tiny leaks. Due to the high pressure it can spray all over. Report it to the NTHSA as others have mentioned since it's a fire hazard.

Sorry to hear but it sounds like the thing was build on a Monday. MAKE SURE to take a fuel sample yourself before giving it to them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like my problem, my dealer handed nqa.They didn't say anything about a fuel sample, although it's possible they took one. I plan on reporting to nhtsa today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have placed a report with with NTHSA and have been in contact with them a couple of times concerning questions they had and documentation they wanted.

The dealer took the fuel sample and said that it could possibly happen again! Not what I wanted to hear. It's just a little unsettling. Seems like german built quality has gone down the tubes a bit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Seems like german built quality has gone down the tubes a bit.
Was it ever that high to begin with? I mean, I just bought a new Golf TDI and more than one person made comments like "hope you know a good mechanic," "sorry to hear that," "now you have a use for your tools," and other similar comments. I didn't think German-built cars have ever had a reputation for high quality manufacturing. But I bought one anyway, because it wasn't about ultimate reliability, it was about fun and trying something different and giving less money to the oil companies.

If you want boring, predictable reliability, you buy Japanese or Korean. If you want fun driving and passionate engineering and a little quirkiness, you buy German or Swedish. If you like stodgy and stuffy and are willing to sacrifice reliability, you buy British. If you want really passionate engineering, really quirky, and really unreliable, you buy Italian. If you consider supporting your local mechanic to be your life's work, or just think cars are disposable, you buy French, Chinese, Russian, or Indian. And if a mix of all these is good by you, you buy American. Is that enough generalization and stereotype?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I would not purchase a vehicle with a reputation of poor quality. The problem with vw they are in the Deny & Defend mode. Dsg, Fuel pump issues, Dmf. Give a good warranty or fix the problem. These new tdi's have more problems than my 02, guess what I wont hessitate to buy reliability no who makes it. But I would like to thank Chitty and others for the wealth of info. on this site, more help than a dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts