VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got an 05 mk4 golf. My fuel gauge, spedometer, and my steering wheel position needs to be callibrated. My research online tells me that I need special expensive tools. Anyone know who can do this for me for a couple bucks around the Seattle/Kent area in washington?
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
160 Posts
Speedometer nope. But.. .
VAG-COM can give you the reported speed from your ECU in the measuring blocks and you can compare to what your speedometer shows. You can also run Output Test on your instrument cluster to give you an idea how much mechanical error there is in the needle.

Fuel gauge maybe. you could try this, I have not yet.....

Steering, No.....
Our cars are mechanical steering rack & pinion, not 'drive by wire'. If the steering seems off going down a level road the proper way to fix it would be to figure out mechanically why.... by checking tire condition, tire pressures, adjusting alignment, etc. If the physical alignment is off, the electronic part will be wrong and there's not a VCDS patch that I'm aware of.

Not sure either about a couple bucks for anything nowadays. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve went ahead and ordered a vcds from ecs. I was running a spare that was 16 inches and the rest were 17. After about a week my spedometer and fuel gauge both went haywire and still are, even after putting the 17 in wheel back on. Fuel gauge drops dramatically whenever I accelerate or turn. Speedometer reads 0 constantly and my odometer stopped counting. I changed the steering rack, so I need to reset the steering angle sensor to enable traction control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts