VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , i have a problem and im alil problem with my Volkswagen Mk5 Plus 1.9 TDI Model 2006 , the problem was when i notice two years ago that my car did not warm up at all engine never reach the normal temperature in winter also the heating never get warmer , so i make some exploring about the problem and i find that the reason is the thermostat , and i do find it defected so i change it and when i change it i discover , another problem that the car work fin and temperature finely start going to middle and heat work perfect , bout i notice that the Car Consumed more then she use to take in park mood she was taking 500 CL /100 Km when engine warme up and reach the normal temperature she start go to 700 CL somtimes 900 CL / 100 km in parking mood , and when i jusst start the engine in cold mood she back to 500 CL how long engine get warmer how the Consumtion get higher can anyone please help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Easiest way to diagnose if it's a faulty thermostat is to remove it from the car, bring it inside and put it in water over your stove. The thermostat should open at approx 95C, and it should be gradual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts