VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys....here comes the fng(....new guy) asking Qs that have certainly been asked b4, but I couldn't really find a good thread on it, so here it goes.......I just recently bought my first diesel..06 Golf, 5speed, 55k miles, loaded.....my question is what thoughts are on fuel additives. Specifically a diesel fuel catalyst with fuel lube. I have been advised to use a brand called Red Line. I have done quite a bit of studying on how the PD works and I definitely don't want to piss off those injectors. I am not looking for anything but fuel mileage and longevity.
Thanks guys....Jeffrey

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I've always used power service but the real problem is worn camshafts, the injectors seem to hold up well. Evidently the newer (not available in North America) piezoelectric PD injectors are having some problems.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chitty...think I have the oil figured....Pentosin 5w40 syn, right? So you don't think lube will hurt my little injectors? I'll start very light with it and move up to recommended dose in a couple months.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Chitty...think I have the oil figured....Pentosin 5w40 syn, right? So you don't think lube will hurt my little injectors? I'll start very light with it and move up to recommended dose in a couple months.
Thanks
A little bit of LucasOil helps too :)

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
What are your thoughts about Stanadyne? idparts sells it, for all tdi's. I get it in half gallon locally. I mix with 40 cetane, 4oz per tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
just started using one from Lubecorp- Premium diesel plus- will boost cetane 9 to 13 points. I called them on this, what they really mean is 9-13 numbers! Use very little to max out the cetane requirements of you car. It has lubricity additive as well. Car feels peppier than before. 500:1 ratio for max increase, comes in 1 liter bottle. I only use about 2oz per tank with great results. No need to over kill, as your just wasting product. Cost about 20.00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts