VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need recommendations for front struts for my MK4 Jetta. Very important: I do NOT want to lower the ride height. I live in Alaska, and the roads are just not smooth enough for lowered cars. In fact, I would not mind going a bit higher all around. I put on some new rear Koni shocks and Moog springs a couple years ago and that got the rear up a little bit, and now I want two pre-assembled front struts. So, if anyone has experience of which ones are good and which to avoid, I'd appreciate that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put a set of pre-assembled Detroit Axle struts from Amazon on my mk4 Golf and they sit nice. Quite a bit higher than the ones I took off

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a set of pre-assembled Detroit Axle struts from Amazon on my mk4 Golf and they sit nice. Quite a bit higher than the ones I took off

Hey, thanks for that. I was actually considering those after reading some of the reviews. Combination of good price, pre-assembled unit for easy install, and raised ride height all add up to a win for me. So, how long have they been on your car and how's the ride, how are they holding up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, thanks for that. I was actually considering those after reading some of the reviews. Combination of good price, pre-assembled unit for easy install, and raised ride height all add up to a win for me. So, how long have they been on your car and how's the ride, how are they holding up?
So I live in West Michigan and sometimes heavy snow fall can be quite the killer on the daily commute. That is the reason I went with these struts. They're holding up quite nicely and it was quite an improvement to the worn out ones that I could only guess head over 200,000 miles on them. When I had the knuckles off I pressed in new set of bearings in as well. I have no complaints I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I'm also a Master Certified Technician and I don't ever mess around with anything but pre-assembled units. These are a dream.
Front - New Front Driver or Passenger Side Complete Strut & Spring Assembly for VW Golf, Jetta & Beetle - Front https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IQFDH3I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_g4.aEbRNP2EN6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts