VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
195K, finally had to replace front pads and rotors! Light was not illuminated before replacement, actually have never noticed this particular light before tonight. How does one get this light to go away? As far as I can tell, I've connected the particular plug correctly. I tried using my old VAGCOM to find it but no dice.(I continue to enjoy the #3 cylinder glow plug intermittent fault!...its older than my daughter!) :D
Also, I broke the screw off that holds the rotor to the hub, anyone know size of screw? :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
The light usually comes on because the contact wire earths when the pad wears down so I would check for one of the wires earthing at one of the wheels/struts.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
For the glow plug light, check the harness. They frequently corrode or lose contact. Splicing a replacement harness in may fix it but check it first.

screw: M6 x M16 , the OEM part is VW# n 106 483 01

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

So I take that it's a true idiot light...not something to be reset by computer.(How refreshing!) I'm guessing one could check the offending pad to see if there is continuity? Or is it the other way around?
thanks for the screw size...Tom :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts