VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of puting on a vnt 17 before getting a remap but my turbo's currently a waste gate type and was wondering if this is possible or would I be better getting mine modified or is there a vnt 17 equivalent with a waste gate?
Cheers:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There are people who have done this mod. It requires an ECU reflash to change how the turbo boost is controlled, don't know UK sources for this. I am surprised that your engine didn't come with one.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There is a small advantage. I've seen other stories about switching to VNT and IMHO, if you happen to have a VNT go for it. If not, use a bigger turbo of the same type with other supporting mods. I think there was some problem with clearance to the rear motor mount as well.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that makes sense, people keep going on at me about fitting a vnt and how you get lag with a waste gate but I've still to find it myself. I don't have a vnt and I don't know if I fancy all the hassle trying to make it work. There's a tuning company not far from me that does the revo tuning and the guy will come out to my house and check my car over for any faults then install the stage one remap which will take me to 130bhp give or take and he'll then come out in the car and make any fine adjustments while I drive in order to deal with any glitches. All that for about £2-£300? It doesn't make the vnt conversion so appealing:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts