VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Sorry Jon I've been holiday for 2 weeks.

You only have to register comctl32.ocx when you use VB6 IDE otherwise it should work by just added it to your Windows\SysWOW64 folder.

I had a similar problem when I added my app to my nephew's Vista 32bit laptop it said comctl32.ocx not registered. I ran the EOBD II Fault Codes.exe As Administrator and it worked. All instructions are in the ReadMe First.txt as I've said. That's just the stupid way Windows works.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
OK new update.

The last app had 7872 error code this one has 10,037 error codes. Now its gone over 10,000 I've programme it to show the comma.

I've corrected a slight bug in the last version. If you click on an item in the list then you use the cursor keys to scroll up or down it was always one code behind. I programmed the Key Down and Key Press but I didn't programme the Key Up so that now works as it should do.

I found an OBD site that show extra info like Tech Notes: When is the code detected?: Description: so I've added this info to the codes.

I've written the new help file with WinCHM Pro so there is no need to download anything from Microsoft for the old Windows help files.

This new app shows online PDF files no problem but you can't right click on it and save it so I've added Download PDF on the menu bar so you can open your browser and save the PDF where ever you want too.

The download link has moved back the post #1.

Bill Oddie - The only error I used to have was a error number 380 on Form resize. I don't know why this shows as soon as the app starts it goes to full screen size so it doesn't resize. I changed the code and it very occasionally shows but the app doesn't close.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
It works on all Windows 32bit systems if you download the basic package, if you have a Windows 64bit then download and install the installation package, read the ReadMe First.txt. I use Windows 7 32bit so no problem.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Hey Keith, not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I go to the rapid share to get the program there is nothing there?

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Well I don't know which browser your using but both apps have just downloaded for me IE11 and FireFox, so the files are there.

The small package has been downloaded 65 times and the full package 91.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Just tried again with no avail! I'm copying and pasting the link in your install guide! You have the address in your instructions as
EOBD II Fault Codes Installation Package

Original EOBD II Fault Codes
If you have used my app before and it works as it should then download this updated version and replace the exe.
A newer version of the older app is still available as it now has 10,037 error codes.

What's the chances of reporting the download link that works for me?

Edit: Keithuk Download links removed of an open forum.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Hey sorry for posting them but after you removed them, I tried those links again and they aren't working again!

I DONT GET IT.

could i get them emailed to me or working linkssent to me? i tried conversation with you but forum wont let me send you one!

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
My desktop computer is WinXP with IE8 as that's the newest version that plays on WinXP and that doesn't see the files I installed Google Chrome for RapidShare downloads.

Install FireFox or Google Chrome to download it.

I've checked my settings and I've changed Accept conversations from... from People You Follow Only to Members Only so you should be able to make a conversation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My desktop computer is WinXP with IE8 as that's the newest version that plays on WinXP and that doesn't see the files I installed Google Chrome for RapidShare downloads.

Install FireFox or Google Chrome to download it.

I've checked my settings and I've changed Accept conversations from... from People You Follow Only to Members Only so you should be able to make a conversation.
rapidshare link not working can you send me a working link ive messaged you

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Both links work for me I've just tried both of them on IE11. They won't work on IE8 you need to install Google Chrome or FireFox to download them. I've just replied to your PM.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Hello all,

Just to confirm that this app works on Win7 Enterprize 64bit. I got only one error about a file but I just ignored it.

It works perfectly and I am grateful to Keith for spending so much time and effort to make this app.

Cheers
Nikos

Hi guys/gals.

4 years ago when I had my Golf GTD I printed out all 110 pages of data from AD for the Golf 2.0 TDI 2009 because that was the closest vehicle to mine. All the error codes printed out and it took an hour and a half 140 sheets, slow network printer. Some of you my know I make programmes as a hobby so I thought it would be a good idea to put all these VAG, EOBD II, Fault Location and Possible causes 5680 into a database.

Now I started of typing everything into the database with a bit of copy and paste as some items were repeated, I did about 350-400. Even though I've had computers since 1981 I'm still a two fingered typist. At work we use AD its normally £660 each year but we get that at half price because we are a College. Our license runs from April to April and we were having trouble sorting things out. I rang AD and they said we could use the online version of AD while we sorted the problems out. They sent me the info and it works great. I checked on my Golf GTD 2010 and its listed, great. Because these are web pages you can select all and copy everything into a Word doc which I did. Now it was easier and a lot quicker just to copy and paste into the database, it still took me a week to do that.

Our own new version came a few days later and it was installed on one of our servers. I checked my car again and its not listed, it only lists Golf 2.0 TDI 2010 as before. I rang AD and asked how come the online version has my new car but the new server version doesn't? They said the online version is updated monthly. I said ok but my car came out April 2009 and it wasn't on the old version. I had some bumbling excuse.

Sorry to bore you with these trivial details back to the main point of this topic. If anyone is interested in this programme I've made please make a comment. I'm not sure it will suit everyone. I know you can get error code online Ross-Tech. OBD II Code but you have to click on a number change page read it/print it then move back for another number which is slow. Plus you have to be online to access anything.

You can search the database for any VAG or EOBD II error number, Fault location and Possible causes, words or numbers. The simple thing is its a database so any code can be added later. Don't think you can add your own data you can't it deletes the database afterwards. If you find any good sites with code I can add them.

This app has 7951 error codes the new app has 10,037 error codes.

I've updated the help file so no need to download anything from Microsoft to make it work.

Read the ReadMe First.txt before you run it or install this app.

Oh you can't download this app with IE8, you need to install Google Chrome or FireFox.

Its FREE. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
It was developed on Windows 7 32bit. I said you will get one error showing when it tries to install ieframe.dll this file is aways in use by IE just click the Ignore.

Both download links work for me.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Your welcome Jimmy but this version is 08-02-2014 so its 3 months old at the moment, I've added a few more codes since.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Awesome Keith, thank you. Worked for me right away, click on .exe file. Xp sp3 and Chrome. Full setup complained of old files on system, do i want to update? yes, then must restart to run setup again. No way to restart anytime soon, too many things hooked to/running on this machine.

Cheers
H

101 - 120 of 155 Posts