VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to place my order today and was told that orders for the 2010 TDI Golf were not being accepted. This was repeated by 3 different dealers, 2 of whom I believe. The total vehicle count for the US Market for the 2010 calendar year is 2000 cars. That's 1-3 cars per dealer for the entire year. No special orders. I guess I'll go buy that Ford Fusion like the wife wanted me to. Good luck fellas. Enjoy your cars. See you on the Ford Fusion forum.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the MD/DC/DE area there are three on lots. All are 2 dr (I want 4). 2 have sunroof (I don't want) and none have xenon (I want). I have been advised consistently by multiple dealers, independent from one another that 2000 is the MY 2010 limit for North America. I am inclined at this point to wait for the 2011 MY and see if can take delivery before 12/31/10 so I can get the 50% credit on the car I would like.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a new list from Linsay in Sterling VA. The car has every possible option.

PWR TILT/SLIDING SUNROOF (3FE)
300-WATT DYNAUDIO ADVANCED SOUND SYSTEM (9VE)
GOLF MAT KIT -inc: (4) rubber mats & trunk liner (PIO) (GKM)
"RNS510" DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM (P71)
XENON HEADLAMPS W/ADAPTIVE FRONTLIGHT SYSTEM (AFS) (P83)

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I drove 2 hours (from Baltimore to Dover, DE) to buy a black 2-dr with DSG, winter package and the mandatory bluetooth. Not exactly what I wanted, but close enough. My buy price on the car was $23,883 + $100 processing against $24,264 for MSRP. With 6% Maryland tax and $178 tags and title, the out-the-door price was $25,600. I only had the chance to drive it home and then too the store before the big storm hit, so can't really give much of a review yet, but it has very good power. A little noisier than my A4 and the radio is not as nice, but those are the only complaints. Great driver and a great value IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.