VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to place my order today and was told that orders for the 2010 TDI Golf were not being accepted. This was repeated by 3 different dealers, 2 of whom I believe. The total vehicle count for the US Market for the 2010 calendar year is 2000 cars. That's 1-3 cars per dealer for the entire year. No special orders. I guess I'll go buy that Ford Fusion like the wife wanted me to. Good luck fellas. Enjoy your cars. See you on the Ford Fusion forum.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I believe that they aren't accepting orders but I don't believe 1-3 cars per dealer for the entire year considering that some have already sold more than 1. I can't believe they wouldn't want your business, what state are you located in?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like they don't want to sell the Golf. My VW/Audi dealer has three Golf TDIs between their two locations, and another VW dealer near me has one.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The dealers may have been telling you what they believe but I don't think they have the most current information or they were trying to pressure you into buying now.

I've heard 500 more units per week (2000 per month), not per year. I would refer you to the vortex but there are literally thousands of posts that you would have to go through, most of which are outdated, no longer relevant, or not relevant to TDI. I can't remember the exact reference.

The hot car of the month always fades. This happened with the Honda s2000, BMW m3, 2009 VW Jetta TDI, and it will happen and pass with the 2010 VW Golf TDI. Because some of these units will be Jetta sedans and wagons (maybe Audi A3 TDI), that's at least 1 more golf per month per average dealer. See? We just went from .083-.25 Golf TDIs per month per dealer to 1!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the MD/DC/DE area there are three on lots. All are 2 dr (I want 4). 2 have sunroof (I don't want) and none have xenon (I want). I have been advised consistently by multiple dealers, independent from one another that 2000 is the MY 2010 limit for North America. I am inclined at this point to wait for the 2011 MY and see if can take delivery before 12/31/10 so I can get the 50% credit on the car I would like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the MD/DC/DE area there are three on lots. All are 2 dr (I want 4). 2 have sunroof (I don't want) and none have xenon (I want). I have been advised consistently by multiple dealers, independent from one another that 2000 is the MY 2010 limit for North America. I am inclined at this point to wait for the 2011 MY and see if can take delivery before 12/31/10 so I can get the 50% credit on the car I would like.
FWIW, I bought a 4dr TDI in the Sacramento region a few months ago, and the dealer (in Roseville) was getting one more 2dr at the end of December. They claimed they would be getting one every other month or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you come across a 4 door with sunroof and CWP, let me know. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a new list from Linsay in Sterling VA. The car has every possible option.

PWR TILT/SLIDING SUNROOF (3FE)
300-WATT DYNAUDIO ADVANCED SOUND SYSTEM (9VE)
GOLF MAT KIT -inc: (4) rubber mats & trunk liner (PIO) (GKM)
"RNS510" DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM (P71)
XENON HEADLAMPS W/ADAPTIVE FRONTLIGHT SYSTEM (AFS) (P83)

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a new list from Linsay in Sterling VA. The car has every possible option.

PWR TILT/SLIDING SUNROOF (3FE)
300-WATT DYNAUDIO ADVANCED SOUND SYSTEM (9VE)
GOLF MAT KIT -inc: (4) rubber mats & trunk liner (PIO) (GKM)
"RNS510" DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM (P71)
XENON HEADLAMPS W/ADAPTIVE FRONTLIGHT SYSTEM (AFS) (P83)
Yeah, and they're asking for "$750 over MSRP" at $29,350 (which, to my knowledge, is more like $1700 over MSRP :(. Thanks for letting me know!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have given up as well. Its a great car, but dealers I have spoken to in Phoenix want $1400 over MSRP if I place an order for a car that may come in a few months. I'll keep my 2005 GTi for a while and maybe get a Honda CRZ when/if it comes out next year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I drove 2 hours (from Baltimore to Dover, DE) to buy a black 2-dr with DSG, winter package and the mandatory bluetooth. Not exactly what I wanted, but close enough. My buy price on the car was $23,883 + $100 processing against $24,264 for MSRP. With 6% Maryland tax and $178 tags and title, the out-the-door price was $25,600. I only had the chance to drive it home and then too the store before the big storm hit, so can't really give much of a review yet, but it has very good power. A little noisier than my A4 and the radio is not as nice, but those are the only complaints. Great driver and a great value IMO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After spending a lot of time considering and was within one day of buying a 2010 Jetta TDI Sportswagon, I decided that if I want a German engineering, the car will have to be built in Germany, not Mexico.
Also included in my decision was talking with new VW owners waiting in the service area. Not a lot of happy people waiting in that service area.
I found out the only dealership in my city does not have a good reputation for providing service.
I'm disappointed but with the quirks in the VW's built in Mexico, I would like the peace of mind knowing service is a priority with my dealer. It is not where I live.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is no way VW would go to the expense and trouble of certifying something and then only bringing in 2000 cars. Most likely, they misjudged the demand, and can't build more fast enough (6 weeks pipeline for production itself, and then another 6 weeks to get from Germany to US POE).

So, that's why the waiting lists and the MSRP++++++. Meanwhile, the dealers have lots stuffed with unsold gas Golf, Jetta, Passat, Tiguan, Eos, etc etc. Bird in hand = two birds in bush. The dealers can and will say anything they want to get you to buy a car out of their stock today, as opposed to waiting several months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts