VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbour has a 2004/5 Ford Focus 1.8 tdci and it's been making a strange noise so she asked if I would have a look, I reckoned it was the clutch but then googled it and they have dmf's too but theirs seem to be a bit weak and a lot of them fail at 50,000 miles there abouts. They're all over the internet with ford quoting ridiculous prices for fixing, I had a look at prices and for a genuine LUK clutch and dmf it costs about £350/$560-65 which I thought is pretty cheap. Makes our dmf's look better though.:)

·
Super Moderator
9,400 Posts
Not its the DMF thats the worst thing invented for an engine thats the problem. I have a friend in our office and he's got a 2005 Focus 1.8 TDCi and he had a new DMF while it was under the extended warranty.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was reading quite a lot online about loads of people with the problem but ford are trying to ignore everyone in the hope they'll all go away, it seems to be their way of doing things.:)

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I like ford
but i'm sorry they tried to do dmf
what was the matter with smf anyway?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
yeah lol
there's lots of those over here
like found-on-road-dead, or fix-or-repair-daily, and there's more I just don't remember them lol
but I've been around the ford diesel pick-up for my whole life, and I am a firm believer in a company that doesn't need government bail-out money... :thumbsup

I don't really like what they're doing with the modern diesel pickups engine
I love my dad's '89 na 7.3L, and his '02 7.3L powerstroke, but the smaller engines they've been coming out with this past decade (6L, and 6.4L) just didn't satisfy my liking...
too much emissions stuff makes them too quiet
I like my trucks to be LOUD :D
but I guess noise IS just waisted energy

but anyway...
offtopic2

oops

1 - 9 of 9 Posts