VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You thought that crazy markups on the GTR were going to be bargained down....NO! Here's the proof of a $30,000 markup!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Wow....just wow.

At last he only put down a $500 down payment. If I were him, I would back out of the deal considering that some places sold the GTR at MSRP of $71,000.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you could get a GTR at MSRP that would be a no brainer - you could flip it and make at least $10,000 profit. With a $30,000 markup, there is no way you could sell it and you paid way over. 1 year into it, these cars might be selling at or close to MSRP and with depreciation and taxes, you are $40,000+ under. Retard.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No joke, every super hot new car goes through this: the BMW M3, the Mazda Miata, the Dodge Viper, the Z06...Z06's were going for $100,000 at their peak, you can get a used one for $50,000 and a brand new one at MSRP now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow, you could buy 2 corvettes for that price or a used ferrari. I would go for the used ferrari. He's not a fool if he has $100,000 to blow on an overpriced marked up car though. He must be doing something right to have that cash!

·
Registered
77 Posts
There are dealerships out there who are selling the GTR at MSRP, so not everyone is out to get you. That is a way to get return business and good word of mouth. Though if you're buing a GTR you're not exactly in the market for a sentra...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some people have money to burn. He defended his purchase because he said that's how much they were selling for, but people ARE getting them at MSRP or MSRP plus under $5000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts