VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 2003 Jetta TDI with a flicker door indication. Bumps tend to make it come on or go off quite regularly. I imagine there is a loose sensor somewhere that needs adjusting. Does anybody know there where or the how to on this?

This a fairly new purchase for me and so I'm learning quite a bit about TDIs via this website. In addition before I got the flickering door light, my drivers side doors would not lock or unlock with my remote. The passenger side works just fine, but I can not lock my rear drivers side door, or my door with just my key remote. I would presume that the problems are separate. What are yalls thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a little wire adjustment did the trick for the flickering indication. I'm still stumped on the door locks though

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lock works with the key. The door flicker seems attached to the drivers side harness. There is a light at the bottom of the drivers side door that was broken due to the previous owner not putting the cover back on securely. I think somehow it was shorting out. I adjusted it and secured the door panel. However, the door locks on the drivers side have never worked while using my key or with the door lock button. I would hazard to guess that either side has a door module then? Then the door module for the drivers side must be bad?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The door lights open independently of each other. In other words, they both turn on the light when they are opened.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Superbass in a prior answer said "Check the door wiring harness. Peel the rubber boot back in the door hinge and check for broken wiring" He was refering to the main door harnesses in the Door Jambs inside the round accordion boot, not the harness for the Interior light in the door panel. Good to fix that though so you don't blow a fuse if the bulb was MIA or wires hanging.
If no broken wires are found then it may well need some door latch assemblies. If the alarm does not go berserk when you open the doors I would say that the control unit for the comfort system is aware that the door is either open or closed. Just because the control unit for central locking "knows" the door is closed does not mean that the locking motors are working. hope this helps. L

1 - 7 of 7 Posts