VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't even have a chance to get to the jerky steering before the oil light started flashing and the coolant started leaking. It is too dark to see the source of the leak but it is dripping from the front passenger area (water pump area).
Hopefully it's not so bad?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited by Moderator)
I just got out the trouble light and as of right now it looks like the leak must be coming from that thermostat I put in (or failed to ...) - or more specifically, the joint of the thermostat cover pieces (the plastic neck). Is this easily remedied?
The oil must of been overheating and the oil pressure light came on.
What a nuisance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you mean the coolant light flashing? The one that looks like an upside down T? I would just put the neck back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay. I brought it to the shop and apparently when I changed the thermostat there is some clip that wears out or needs to be changed? I didn't know anything about this clip.

The steering issue is apparently the front control arm bushing. There are rear axle bushing that need to be done as well apparently. And the slow drip oil leak that I have is from the oil cooler? He didn't seem too concerned so maybe that means they're in my skill bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts